Thursday, June 24, 2004

Golden Chicken, Ribs, and Steak

Golden Chicken, Ribs, and Steak has cheap and tasty chicken and ribs (and, I assume, steak - but I haven't tried that yet). It's at 604 9th ave (near W43rd). $5 buys you a huge sandwich plus a side, or a quarter-rack of ribs plus a side. You can watch a hundred chickens cooking on their grill while you wait; the chicken sandwich was full of moist, flavorful chicken (I'm too used to dried-out overdone fast food, I think.) This could be addicting - the menu is long and varied. While I've been trying not to eat at the same place more than once (to ensure that I sample as many different restaurants as possible), this is one place I'll be going back to.

Speaking of places to go back to, I pass the Breadstix Cafe (254 8th ave, at W23rd) most days on my way to work. I have discovered that I'm a complete sucker for freshly-baked cookies - every time I walk past, I smell something new and have to go in and try it. Yesterday I discovered the magic of the black and white cookie - they're big soft poofy cookies with two kinds of icing. Unfortunately for my diet, there appear to be dozens of different kinds of cookies in this bakery. At least there's a gym across the street.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home